A NEW PACKAGING FOR GARBAGE BAGS WHICH ENCOURAGE AND EDUCATE THAI FAMILY MEMBERS TO SORT HOUSEHOLD WASTE SYSTEMATICALLY
Problem : In Thailand, waste management in domestic scale is not very systematic, which results inineffective usage of the waste, meaning more waste will not be able to be recycled, and managed properly.
Solution : A design of garbage bag packaging with a new approach, using the packaging as a medium to directly encourage and educate the target users to sort their waste.
Users : Thai family members
Market : It will be sold at the supermarkets all over Thailand
Design Idea : Visual
- Packaging in a set 3 in 1 + 1 to ensure that users do not use only one color bag for every type of wastes
- Usin graphic information fun, colorful, and bold to make the idea of waste sortingmore inviting
- Providing QR codes to give direct access to useful infomation and updated number of waste sorted to make it more engaging
Design Idea : Function
- Refillable so that the use of resources and waste are reduced
- Can be transformed into parcel box once the users finish using the packaging
- Corrugated cardboard will be used as material to make sure the whole cycle of the packaging eco-friendly
- Packaging for set of 40x3 bags (18x20 inches), bag with 10-12 liter capacity
- Packaging size L = 20 cm, W = 14cm, H = 9 cm